To add a Pre-Order item to Timesact we need to go to PRODUCTS > PRE-ORDERS to get to the Pre-Order Product List page:
Once here, click on + Add Products:
- By Products: Individually select products or variants
- By Collection: Select per collections
- By Attributes: Add products according to tags, vendors, etc.
When you are happy with your selection, click on NEXT/ADD.
Stock Management Options
There are three option in how your Pre-Orders will activate depending on your Shopify Inventory availability:
- Pre-Order Only When Out of Stock: ‘Pre-Order’ replaces ‘Add to Cart’ when variant stock in Shopify reaches 0. When stock goes above 0 again, ‘Pre-Order’ is replaced by ‘Add to Cart’.
- ‘Add to Cart/Sold Out’ are immediately replaced by ‘Pre-Order’. You can offer unlimited pre-orders or set a quantity limit. When the limit is reached ‘Pre-Order’ reverts to ‘Add to Cart/Sold Out’.
- ‘Pre-Order’ replaces ‘Add to Cart’ when variant stock in Shopify is above 0. When stock reaches 0, ‘Pre-Order’ is replaced by ‘Sold out’ (customer won’t be able to order anymore) until inventory goes above 0.
- Depending on the option selected the App will automatically check the Continue Selling When Out of Stock to enable selling after inventory reaches 0 (zero). By manually checking or unchecking this option in Shopify might interfere with the app’s automation.
- If the checkbox for Continue Selling When Out of Stock is changed, to ensure the app works properly please select another Stock Management Option click on Save then revert it back to the original desired Stock Management Option and hit save again.
- If the app is disabled for either the product reaching its end date or for reaching its Plan quota, the button functionalities will revert to it’s original behavior. If out of stock it will say Sold Out or if still in stock it will say Add to Cart.
Product Quantity Limits
The first two Stock Management Options have the option to choose between Unlimited Inventory or to set a Product Quantity Limit to the amount of Pre-Orders Sold through Timesact. There’s a difference in the behavior between the two options:
- Pre-Order Only When Out of Stock:
- Unlimited: When the product/variant reaches zero or below it will allow unlimited number of pre-orders.
- Product Quantity: Once the product/variant reaches zero or below it every pre-order sold will be counted toward the set quota. As an example, if you have 5 in-stock items and set your limit to 3, it will stay as Pending until you sell the 5 in-stock items then the item will switch to Active and allow pre-order sales until it reaches 3. Once the limit is reached it will go back to the default behavior which is set the item as Sold Out.
- Unlimited: When the product/variant reaches zero or below it will allow unlimited number of pre-orders but including the in-stock items as pre-orders when sold.
- Product Quantity: All items sold once with this option will be counted towards the quota. As an example, if you have 5 in-stock items and set your limit to 3, it will be Active and once you sell the 3 items it will disable pre-orders and revert to the default settings which in this case would be Add to Cart since you would have 2 items in-stock.
This options allows you to set a start date for when your Pre-Order Settings will start to take effect. If the date is a future date, the item will be on Pending Status until the date is reached
You may also select an End Date which will disable the settings for the item once it’s reached.
- Current Timezone in the app is set to UTC.
- If the date is correct but the item is still Pending, try setting the date to an earlier date to allow it to be Active.
- We are currently working on enabling localized Timezones and will announce once the feature is available.